View Full Version : Stowe 2/16
I can't take it anymore. The upper mountain is choked in powder, but it's gonna rain Friday, and I have yet to get up north. Anybody up for a Thursday jaunt to Vermont's finest?
02-15-2006, 11:22 AM
I can't take it anymore. The upper mountain is choked in powder, but it's gonna rain Friday, and I have yet to get up north. Anybody up for a Thursday jaunt to Vermont's finest?Is there any proof of that? If so, I may consider it.
Photographic evidence even. From Tuesday,
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Just found those pics....... Yeah baby!
OK I'm in for going to Stowe tomorrow. I haven't skied there in about 5-6yrs!
02-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Just heard the weather report for tomorrow up there..... yuck....
Pockets of freezing rain between Rtes 2 & 4 by midday and then rain from 4 to the north the rest of the day.
Auugghhh! I shoulda gone today!
EDIT: Can't go now.... http://www.timefortuckerman.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif That figures, surprize meeting with clients.... but hey, it'll = $$$'s for play! Utah is on the radar! http://www.timefortuckerman.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Today was definitely my first choice. Too bad I work so hard. FWIW, my forecast info (from the Kid whose TR I reference above, an amateur meteorologist with good knowledge of the microclimates of VT and from Matt Noyes (http://mattnoyes.blogs.com/)) indicate that things aren't as bad as NWS valley-oriented forecast would have us believe. Snow flurries early with barely noticeable non-snow precip thereafter (total precip <0.1"). Based on their similar reads of the model outputs, tomorrow looks good enough for me to do 3 hours of driving each way for a day of skiing (for whatever that's worth). Day 7 tomorrow, finally. Again, any takers?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.