first time, need advice
I have never snowboarded tuckerman but i would like to. I have hiked it in the summer but never in the winter or spring. I did look at the checklist on this site of what to bring but i still had some questions i wanted to ask.
1. would i be able to hike up in my snowboard boots? They are pretty comfortable and a lot easier to walk in than ski boots, and i wasnt sure if there were "footprints" in the path of where people walk that i could step in, or if i would need to hike up in hiking boots.
2. the bag that i have is a snowboard bag (shaped like a snowboard) that has straps to use like a backpack, however when the board isnt in it, it would flop over my head, so i dont know how that would work going down. Will i need to buy a regular backpack or a big backpack that i can attach the board to the back of? and if so how would i do that or how would i know which backpacks i can strap my board onto?
3. I was also wondering if anybody could tell me exactly how they approach all of this so i can get some ideas. like what they bring and how they bring it.
4. is the snow deep powder, or is it harder and icey, or what?
5. I was thinking i should dress lightly because it would be warm out and it would be especially hot when hiking with all the gear etc. Should i dress light and bring warm clothes just incase? or dress warm from the start?
Thanks to anybody who can help, and i am sorry if i am asking a lot, i just want to make sure i am prepared for the first time