T4T Forums - Tuckerman Ravine NH  

Go Back   T4T Forums - Tuckerman Ravine NH > Lunch Rocks > Recent Photos & Reports

Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Headwall Master

Lftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of light
Oakes Gulf & Monroe Brook 4-14-2012

Skinned up ART to 3800', hiked the next 400' around the waterfall, then skinned the rest of the way to Lakes of the Clouds.

Skinned up Mt Monroe, then skied off Monroe's summit, down East snowfields to DoubleBarrel.

Started down main line of DoubleBarrel, but choke point was filled with trees (?!?), so headed down skiers-left. Then I turned right below that choke point, to finish skiing down the main line on skiers-right.

Skinned back up to summit, and skied a second run down the East snowfields of Mt Monroe. I contoured around the mountain to Lakes of the Clouds hut, and continued over to Monroe Brook on thin snow.

Skied Monroe Brook from top of skiers-left. Nice soft, wet snow all the way down from the top, to my tracks from Friday. By late Saturday afternoon, there was no dry snow left on the shady side, it was like butter wall-to-wall.

ART should have been hiked-out, but I finished on skis. What little snow remained on the hiking trail had softened by late afternoon, and offered little protection from the rocks.

A few light base-scratches later, but otherwise no worse for wear, back at the trailhead parking lot, I had a beer with the crew who had skied Great Gulf via the Cog. I look forward to that TR!

Last edited by Lftgly; 04-15-2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Added photo lynx
Old 04-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Toni Matt Club *

boardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond reputeboardman has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Toni Matt Club *

surf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice TR
From across the ridge I saw someone dropping off from the backside of Boot Spur area into Oakes around 9am yesterday. You?
Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Toni Matt Club **

Location: following Diogenes, but the ba$tard threw away the lamp so I'm just stumbling along in the dark!
RR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond repute
WOW! MB still lets folks find a way down...can't knock surprises like that...

Cool TR
Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Headwall Master

Lftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of lightLftgly is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf88 View Post
...someone dropping off from the backside of Boot Spur area into Oakes around 9am yesterday. You?
No, I reached Lakes of the Clouds after Noon, and only skied 2 runs on the Monroe side of Oakes. I didn't see any lines worth skiing on the Boot Spur side of Oakes, maybe the skier you saw was headed to GOS.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Toni Matt Club *

drewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud of
Nice TR! Btw since you hang around in there all the time, if you spot a pair of skins on the way out...those be mine.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Toni Matt Club *

Seeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant future
Amazed that MB is still skiable. Loving the TRs!
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST."
Old 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM
The Lip Master

snowmonster has a spectacular aura aboutsnowmonster has a spectacular aura about
Ditto what Seeker said. I thought MB would be toast by now. This is giving me ideas...