T4T Forums - Tuckerman Ravine NH  

Go Back   T4T Forums - Tuckerman Ravine NH > Lunch Rocks > Recent Photos & Reports

Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Toni Matt Club *

surf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond repute
Hillman's 3/20/12

Went up today and got some turns and watched the snow melt. Crazy how little is up there. Drove home around the north and west side, and got a little sad at the lack of snow in my view. Somebody turn the winter switch back on please?
MY TR from my Blog
Hillman’s Highway 3/20/12
Old 03-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Toni Matt Club *

Seeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant future
Nice! Hoping to get up there this weekend.
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST."
Old 03-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Toni Matt Club *

drewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud ofdrewvw has much to be proud of
ditto...hope there's snow!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Toni Matt Club *

surf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond reputesurf88 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
ditto...hope there's snow!
There should still be plenty of snow. It would be nice if we could get a night to drop below freezing to consolidate the snow. In addition to the heat, wet sluff and runnels are are ruining things faster than ususual.

Also one other side note. The ranger we talked to was really concerened about falling ice. He said there was a piece the size of a school bus about to come off near the lip, and that the sluice ice was gonnabe bombarding lunch rocks all week.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Pinkham Notch Visitor

ATTurning is on a distinguished road
Temps are reported to drop friday night so i am hoping itll help keep the snow around thru the weekend. ill be heading up sat morning and possibly staying at the shelters into sunday if anyone is interested. it sounds like HH, left Gully and GoS are still hanging in there alright but from the pics that were posted on the MW Avy site from tues it looks like the rest of the ravine is pretty trashed B
Old 03-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Pinkham Notch Visitor

Skierdood84 is on a distinguished road
Probably a dumb question but is there any snow left on sherbies or is it a hike down at this point?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Pinkham Notch Visitor

Craig B will become famouser soon enoughCraig B will become famouser soon enough
Was on Hillman's yesterday too, pretty nice skiing, I thought. Was able to ski 2/3 of the way down the Sherburn, then the rope's up. One spot of about 100 yds I had to walk in the middle. One more day around 80 today could shorten it a bit, too, but then things sound like they'll get cooler this weekend.

Great day to be up there!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Toni Matt Club *

Seeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant futureSeeker has a brilliant future
According to reports, Sherbie is roped off halfway down.
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST."
Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Pinkham Notch Visitor

Thanks guys! I'm heading up tomorrow and skiing sat. I can't believe the seasons winding down already and it's only march.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Headwall Master

RCL1 is a splendid one to beholdRCL1 is a splendid one to beholdRCL1 is a splendid one to beholdRCL1 is a splendid one to beholdRCL1 is a splendid one to beholdRCL1 is a splendid one to behold
it's crazy

I can't believe it's March and I just rode my motorcycle to work. Twice. With warm weather gear.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Pinkham Notch Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCL1 View Post
I can't believe it's March and I just rode my motorcycle to work. Twice. With warm weather gear.
Yup rode my bicycle to work yesterday in shorts and a jersey. First time that's happened in march.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Toni Matt Club *

A note on the sherbie is I was suprised how good it was up top compared to when it is usually closed down bottom. The upper half was still really good coverage on tuesday.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Toni Matt Club **

Location: following Diogenes, but the ba$tard threw away the lamp so I'm just stumbling along in the dark!
RR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond repute
Cool runnings mon!

Excellent views of the mountain