T4T Forums - Tuckerman Ravine NH  

Go Back   T4T Forums - Tuckerman Ravine NH > Lunch Rocks > Recent Photos & Reports

Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 PM
T4T Founder
Administrator/Moderator
Toni Matt Club **

skicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to skicdave
Trip Report TR: Lake Placid Ironman Crew 2006

Ironman: Part I:

No snow to report, sorry... but I must say volunteering for the Lake Placid Ironman is a MUST do item for your summertime list of tings to do. Kate, myself and my son Adam volunteered to help out this year along with some 3,000 or so volunteers. I believe some 2,200 athletes entered this year from all over the world.

Weather was a mix of rain in the morning, then fantastic sunny, clear weather in the afternoon providing for a near perfect day and some amazing photos.

A 'few' photos I managed to take...

Pre-race day... meeting for volunteers. Kate had volunteered for the transition tent, and co-incidently met up with Affix Snow's mom and sister who also helped out in the tent... hey we're where you Dave???

Race day... hey feels just like we're going to school! Had to get up at 5:30am to 'get the bus' over to the Oval... didn't want to miss the start of the race!

Thousand's huddled under umbrella's to watch the start of the race... 2,220 athletes racing into the water all at once... what a sight!

Holy Sardins Batman!!

A 2.4 mile swim across Mirror Lake and back (twice)...

One of the first group of bikers to complete the first half of the course...

Me.. exhausted after the second transition... man I stuffed so many of those bags with smelly clothes let me tell you!

Kate survived too... Probably was a prettier sight in the Woman's tent though...

more shortly...
Old 07-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Toni Matt Club **

Location: following Diogenes, but the ba$tard threw away the lamp so I'm just stumbling along in the dark!
RR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond repute
Way cool... nice TR and cudos for volunteering!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Toni Matt Club **

Justin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud of
WOW! they really go to town for that event huh?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Toni Matt Club **
Purple Butt Club

Affix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond reputeAffix Snow has a reputation beyond repute
I Hung out with my Dad, Uncle, and the Fiance....we drank beer.

That race is inspiring though!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Toni Matt Club **

Justin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud ofJustin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affix Snow
I Hung out with my Dad, Uncle, and the Fiance....we drank beer.

That race is inspiring though!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Toni Matt Club **
Smilie Abuser

PWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond repute
Nice shots.... (insert applauding smiley) I can't imagine trying to swim ina cluster like that.... Throw in some piranhas and the fish would be runnin' away!

Jolly good show!

Old 07-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Toni Matt Club *

Jolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond reputeJolly J has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWDR8S
Jolly good show!
Sorry you must be mistaken...that wasn't me.

Jolly J
Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Toni Matt Club **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly J
Sorry you must be mistaken...that wasn't me.
LOL, was thinking the same thing...
Old 07-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Headwall Master

SkiDog is just really niceSkiDog is just really niceSkiDog is just really niceSkiDog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by skicdave

A 2.4 mile swim across Mirror Lake and back (twice)...
Is it just me or does that kayaker look lost, in the way, confused...
Old 07-27-2006, 09:08 PM
T4T Founder
Administrator/Moderator
Toni Matt Club **

skicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond reputeskicdave has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog
Is it just me or does that kayaker look lost, in the way, confused...
Nope.. there were probably about 50 kayaks, canoes, boats of sorts along with lots of divers too to assist anyone who potentially could get into trouble.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Toni Matt Club **
Smilie Abuser

PWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond reputePWDR8S has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by skicdave
Nope.. there were probably about 50 kayaks, canoes, boats of sorts along with lots of divers too to assist anyone who potentially could get into trouble.
How much help could the single seater kayak be? Nobody could climb into it... unless they held on and got dragged to shore.... Curious... I would've thought different type of kayak or even canoe would be better but I guess speed to the scene may have been the idea.... or these were personal crafts of volunteers. Either way, I just found it odd.

And Jolly J.... indeed... I had no intentions of implying that you would undertake such an endevour of such physical prowess... please forgive me and pass me a beer. Actually, I had just gotten off the tele with a bunch of Brits on an international phone conference when I wrote that and I guess it was the residual Brit effect.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Toni Matt Club **

Location: following Diogenes, but the ba$tard threw away the lamp so I'm just stumbling along in the dark!
RR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond reputeRR has a reputation beyond repute
Before my swimming improved I was literally run over and clubbed by swimmers passing me in the first 3 Tri's I did.

Those boaters were there because that stuff happens a lot.

At Sharon, MA I was six feet under water being pummeled by a swimmer who was in turn being pummeled by a swimmer above her...freaky moment...(I came out of the water in 188th place and finished the bike in 24th, passed 5 runners and then my back seized up...I finished 35th).
Old 07-28-2006, 01:11 PM
T4T Founder
Administrator/Moderator
Toni Matt Club **

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWDR8S
How much help could the single seater kayak be? Nobody could climb into it... unless they held on and got dragged to shore.... Curious... I would've thought different type of kayak or even canoe would be better but I guess speed to the scene may have been the idea.... or these were personal crafts of volunteers. Either way, I just found it odd.

And Jolly J.... indeed... I had no intentions of implying that you would undertake such an endevour of such physical prowess... please forgive me and pass me a beer. Actually, I had just gotten off the tele with a bunch of Brits on an international phone conference when I wrote that and I guess it was the residual Brit effect.
answer: grabble hooks
Old 07-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Toni Matt Club **
Smilie Abuser

Grapple hooks with barbs? Like extra large fish hooks? Yee~ouch!

Old 07-28-2006, 01:40 PM
T4T Founder
Administrator/Moderator
Toni Matt Club **

Ironman Part II:

Was a huge crowd EVERYWHERE in LP land. Here is the finish line in the Oval...

Perfect mountains views. This guy looks like he just started out for a jog, but its 6:30pm and he had been swimming, biking, running since 7am!

Perfect day for hiking too...

My turn to participate in 'Ironman'. One big beer at the Tail o' Pub in Ray Brook..

Completed the 'task' in under 5 minutes!

Post Ironman Boating on Lake Flower... as usual in the Lake Placid area, Whiteface is often visible..

Stopping in Saranac at Mountain Mist Custard... oops they put WAY too much cheese on Kate's cheese dog... yuck

Parting shot.. mountain mist on approach to Whiteface Mountain...